Monday, July 27, 2009

Journal number 4

This weeks readings hit pretty close to home for me. Something disturbing I learned this week had to do with teens and bipolar disorder. The warning signs for it sounded a lot like my son and the other disturbing thing had to do with depressive disorders and that sounded a lot like my daughter. Questions I still ask myself are "What can I do as a parent to ensure that my children will not endure these things?" The other question is "Is it already too late?"

I really could relate to the article on autism because my best friends daughter has an autistic child and I have seen the struggles she goes through daily with her. That is all I have for now.

1 comment:

  1. Amy,

    As you have seen, the environment has a huge impact on children. If you are concerned about your children, I would encourage you to have them see a therapist for evaluation.

    ReplyDelete